The paper 'A serverless gateway for event-driven machine learning inference in multiple clouds' has been published by the Universitat Politècnica de València. The paper presents serverless web-based gateways in scalable applications in the cloud. The research has been conducted in cooperation with the AI-SPRINT project team.
- Explains how serverless computing and the functions as a service model has become a convincing paradigm for the development and implementation of highly scalable applications in the cloud.
- Presents a serverless web-based scientific gateway to execute the inference phase of previously trained machine learning and artificial intelligence models (done in Amazon Web Services and in on-premises clouds with the OSCAR framework for serverless scientific computing).
- Shows how the usage of machine learning in a computing platform that can use both on-premises clouds and public clouds constitutes a step forward in the adoption of serverless computing for scientific applications.
- Diana M. Naranjo, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain.
- Sebastián Risco, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain.
- Germán Moltó, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain.
- Ignacio Blanquer, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain.
cloud computing, function as a service, machine learning, serverless computing